Saturday, February 16, 2013

Fitness- Eating

Eating is something most of us like to do, and what tastes good on our tongue is not always the best for our body. Then you may think about dieting to keep a healthy weight or slim down. However our body needs food for energy also as a 14 year old myself in puberty, dieting may limit my growth, especially in height. 
Sweets are one of our biggest enemies when it comes to healthy eating. These sweet treats are delicious but are often high in sugar which has a lot of calories. You don`t have to totally give up on them but limiting your self is a must.
Oily and greasy foods are also bad for your health and is also quite fattening eating them at parties are acceptable for me but i would never eat them everyday as an afternoon snack.



Some people would like to go low carb but for myself i could never do that because i eat rice everyday and it is very important for me. I`m not saying that you should stick to carbs but i just do so. I don`t find carbs fattening as some people say nor do they make me gain weight a lot but i do do a lot of intense exercise that helps burn it off (I`m 5'3 (160cm) and weigh 103 (47kg)  pounds ). 

Right now i have started a food diary to help me keep track of the calories i`ve consumed in the day to help stay fit and not gain any excess weight or fat but still enough to keep the muscles. It really helps. 
Water is also essential for keeping ourselves hydrated. I have a bad habit of not drinking enough water so the food diary also helped me.

Fruit and Vegis are also very important for a healthy and balanced diet eating more will ensure you have enough vitamins. Tomatoes, Carrots, greens are all very good for the body and for fruit apples, bananas and berries are my favorite. 

Last of all don`t try to put of extra weight. Don`t think that you are heavy it may be because of poportion. if you are tall then you will obviously weigh more BMI is something that can tell you if you are overweight for your height. My BMI is 18.4 so i`m normal for my age.
BMI Categories:
  • Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
  • Overweight = 25–29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

The above is the chart for adults of BMI.

I used this website to calculate my BMI http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmi-m.htm

Stay fit and stay healthy everyone!

XOXO NAOMI
 

No comments:

Post a Comment